Official forum boards
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Random Thoughts / Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Random Thoughts / Questions   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 pm

I honestly wanted to ask this but will we really ever meet?

We could continue the topic if you guys get more random thoughts or questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:25 pm

A meeting? Sounds fun, but very improbable for next few years, my studies are connected with the research at my University and I'm tied to the laboratories in Warsaw.

But in more distant future? Who knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:51 am

Same thing, I might be completely done with dentistry by 2028, where most of my Pre-adult life is gone. .-.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:28 am

Medicine is hard. How's it going on your side?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Summer break continues, thank God it's 3 months long in academic schools in Poland instead of the usual 2 months. It really takes much more work to pass the academic subjects.

I wonder if you feel safe in Arabia now, does the whole radical Shia jihadist problem affect your lives?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Nope, it's safe in UAE, but there have been multiple attempts of suicide bombing in mosques. CCTV and reinforced security was imminent, yet it's all peace and quiet in here.

Aslo, Shia radicals are mainly in Iran, we have Islamic extremists instead in KSA. People often misuse the word "Jihad" nowadays, it should NOT be about waging war towards others just to force them to accept what you believe in, it's more about defending oneself when needed, and the term "jihad" has multiple classifications which do not concern war, it's actually something plausible, not some "ALLAHU AKBAR *BOOM*" endurance brought up by the West.

To be honest, I do not have the knowledge to speak about it since I don't care, I'm just saying what I already know, it might not be correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:29 pm

I know that jihad is a very subjective term, I've read at least 3 different definitions when preparing an essay about medieval history of Islam and Arabia in high school. The reason of that "Allahu AkaBOOM!" thing in the West is the terrorists call themselves jihadists and we join the terms of terrorism and jihad into one, what is of course a terrible mistake.

But I'm surprised by the fact there are suicide bombers in Arabia in mosques. Makes no sense to me - no infidels killed (unless you meant Shia bombers attempting to kill Sunni prayers), house of prayer of their religion damaged and nobody in the western world knows about it.

Are you even religious, Ash? From what you write I think you're not. I'm a practising Roman Catholic, so freedom of religion is very important to me. Sadly, our government uses the Church in it's political games, what I find disgusting, immoral and of extremely bad taste, so there is growing dislike of catholicism in Poland because of these idiots. I didn't vote for them and I'm proud I didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Pawelec wrote:
I know that jihad is a very subjective term, I've read at least 3 different definitions when preparing an essay about medieval history of Islam and Arabia in high school. The reason of that "Allahu AkaBOOM!" thing in the West is the terrorists call themselves jihadists and we join the terms of terrorism and jihad into one, what is of course a terrible mistake.

The Islamic empire in the middle ages was a very prosperous one in terms of... well, everything, Arabs were so advanced during that time. Go read about Spain (formerly Andalusia) when it was held by the hands of Muslims.

Pawelec wrote:
But I'm surprised by the fact there are suicide bombers in Arabia in mosques. Makes no sense to me - no infidels killed (unless you meant Shia bombers attempting to kill Sunni prayers), house of prayer of their religion damaged and nobody in the western world knows about it.

They do know about it, but they just won't announce it, people are too dumb that they blindly follow everything that shows up on TV, even things that are incorrect like saying Number 1 is a letter and letter A doesn't exist. There has been an attempt to bomb the largest mosque in Istanbul (Blue Mosque I suppose?) however the suicide bomber has been penalized when caught, close call though.

Look, it ain't about the Shia and Sunni conflict here, it's just that these terrorists do not really follow a specific religion, Islam never allowed a Muslim to kill his Muslim brother.

Pawelec wrote:
Are you even religious, Ash? From what you write I think you're not.

I didn't really expect this but until I say something about it I'd like you to elaborate so things won't get awkward.


Pawelec wrote:
I'm a practising Roman Catholic, so freedom of religion is very important to me. Sadly, our government uses the Church in it's political games, what I find disgusting, immoral and of extremely bad taste, so there is growing dislike of catholicism in Poland because of these idiots. I didn't vote for them and I'm proud I didn't.

Wow, sounds like Europe during the middle ages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Ash 47 wrote:
The Islamic empire in the middle ages was a very prosperous one in terms of... well, everything, Arabs were so advanced during that time. Go read about Spain (formerly Andalusia) when it was held by the hands of Muslims.
I think I've read enough, I ended my presentation on the topic saying that European Renaissance began on Arabian Peninsula.

Ash 47 wrote:
people are too dumb that they blindly follow everything that shows up on TV
This is as sad as it's true Sad

Ash 47 wrote:
Pawelec wrote:
Are you even religious, Ash? From what you write I think you're not.
I didn't really expect this but until I say something about it I'd like you to elaborate so things won't get awkward.
No pressure from me, if you don't want to discuss that I see no problem. I think religious people find live easier, they have less difficult decisions to make.

Ash 47 wrote:
Wow, sounds like Europe during the middle ages.
There's a growing group of people saying the Middle Ages never ended in Poland and that is not without a reason. I hate the average Polish mentality, many Poles are mean and prejudicial without a reason yet they claim to be oh-so-holy-and-catholic (showing no signs of such a basic Christian value as mercy). Churchgoers are often the most hateful people in town, I have no idea why people have such troubles understanding a religion as simple and full of love as Christianity. In Poland everybody knows better, cursed are the ones who are right, because average Polish mind is completely immune to logical arguments. You can have a nice talk with Italians, French, Austrians, but talking to 70% of Poles means taking a serious risk of social catastrophe (OK, Italians are a bit risky too, but they compensate it with their incredibly positive attitude).


Last edited by Pawelec on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Pawelec wrote:
No pressure from me, if you don't want to discuss that I see no problem. I think religious people find live easier, they have less difficult decisions to make.

I'm a religious human who thinks realistically, life isn't easier if religion tells you "obey god and you'll live happily", you gotta work and think as well. bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kidkidaaa1
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
avatar

Liczba postów : 52
Join date : 2012-12-07
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:37 pm

why do some people think that the earth is flat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Before the Geocentric theory was introduced the earth was considered flat, it was even discovered that it's a sphere a long time ago (322 BC) however these beliefs were trashed as people would find it nonsense. Then the Geocentric theory was introduced, which resolves the mystery of flat earth, turns out it's a sphere. The Geocentric theory is corrected by Heliocentric theory but that doesn't really matter since this isn't related to the flat earth.

So uh, usually when it comes to argue with people who thinks the earth is flat, they would point out that the middle ages church people would say it's real; well no, that's not what it is right now, people nowadays would argue that the earth is flat without using religious proof (Which is ironic as the flat earth model isn't affiliated to any religion).

So uh, Timezones! How the hell would timezones work, or the movement of the sun, in particular. Well here's a thing, take a look at this picture.


Yeah, that's how they think it works, for modern people, they think the sun has a circular orbit around the sun only from one side, kinda explains the concept of time zones around here.

Okay, okay. They think they're smart with that sun thingy, but what's on the other side of earth? Well, here's a funny thing, see that white border around the earth? That's a "big Ice wall", this wall (bigger than Donald Trump's future wall) is what keeps this flat earth in one piece from falling apart. it's kinda odd since we still need to know what's on the other side, but apparently flat-believers think it's like that, I'd like to see what happens if someone asks them what's beyond that wall.

Other planets! These flat-believers are so dumb they forgot that the other planets are round, Galileo the inventor of the telescope proved the accuracy of the Heliocentric theory during the renaissance era, discovering other planets as well; however his beliefs were trashed as it caused an outcry in the community, the church forced him to renounce his theories and warned people that the telescope is a tool of the devil, people were dumb back then since the church had superior power over the monarch and legislative, and guess what, some are still dumb until today.

Gravity was discovered by Sir Isaac Newton which furthermore encouraged his studies to develop a new branch of mathematics called "calculus", thanks to him we got C+ in our maths grades during the last school year (Just kidding, still a boring subject tho). Flat-believers think the gravity thingy doesn't exist. :,)
Well okay but their reason is really flattering, go outdoors and stand still, then jump upwards. Where are you now? Yeah, you're still in the same place you were before jumping. flat-believers take this as a proof that if earth was spherical and had gravity (keep in mind that earth rotates really fast). They'll ask "if you jumped, why didn't you end up falling towards the other side of the earth's rotation? Yeah sure, legit af, Gravity is most likely the number 1 reason why earth can't be flat.

Finally, I'd like you to take a look at this picture below.


Look at this sexy beast, this is a 3d render, but I just want to explain my point here. In 1961 apollo 11 launched to the moon, the first milestone of mankind reaching to outer space. This is what the space crew saw, a round, blue planet. That's earth, it's round. Your move, flat-believers. Oh right, they think NASA is wrong, and they are correct. Apparently they won't get fooled by the "spherical" earth, we got brainwashed and we'll always believe that the earth is a sphere. Sad

I still got tons of things to tell but I suggest you google the rest, I just picked up some resources and threw them here, with some previous knowledge I had. Razz

Have a good one! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kidkidaaa1
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
avatar

Liczba postów : 52
Join date : 2012-12-07
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Thank you for answering my question!!!! Now I know for sure that a lot of people are dumb. Very Happy
I give this essay a 6/10, 3 bonus points for effort. 9/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:15 pm

HOW DARE YOU SAY CALCULUS IS BORING?!

This is the most useful branch of mathematics. I can tell you that from my short scientific experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Ash 47
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Liczba postów : 94
Join date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:28 am

The expansion plugin for Unity (free) known as Playmaker allows a simplier DnD method to make your games, do you still need to learn coding for that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pawelec
The Boss
The Boss
avatar

Liczba postów : 170
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 21
Skąd : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Ash 47 wrote:
The expansion plugin for Unity (free) known as Playmaker allows a simplier DnD method to make your games, do you still need to learn coding for that?
I was using Playmaker from the very beginning of my Unity3D adventure. Now I have no time to make my own games so I play strategy titles: Rise of Nations, Civilization series and Europa Universalis IV. Integrating a junior member of a personal union is way more satisfying than freezing a Chomper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pawelec.create-a-forum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts / Questions   

Back to top Go down
 
Random Thoughts / Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Random Questions.
» Random gifters... what are your thoughts?
» Thoughts on Difficulty
» Random Funny Pictures
» Thoughts on Blood Angels list.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ConceptLab forum :: Off-Topic Board :: Off-topic-
Jump to: